
"What do you think of my hair?" my mother asked to my father. "It looks like it always does." he replied not knowing why my mother was asking. "Good, this is the one then." she said as she removed the wig. Yes- my mother has a wig now- must be a pretty good one if my father couldn't tell she was wearing one. ;) She got the wig in advance- knowing that the chemo will cause her to lose he hair. And then the first day of chemo came....
What a sense of relief I felt when I heard my mother tell me she had finished her first chemo treatment. I feel more at ease now that she's being treated- what and ordeal it is to go through test after test.
The first injection was of some red colored medicine. After that was finished she was put on an I.V. drip of the other medicine. All the while one nurse tended to the three women in the room- administering the chemo. The women all chatted- if nothing else they all had one thing in common- the all had cancer. They were offered juice and cookies during this time. My mother, as usual, made a day out of what others may view as a nightmare. She went lunch afterwards and then went home. She was tired after the day- and when she returned home she found herself needing some much needed rest which prompted a nap. She had taken her anti-nausea medicine in advance of the chemo to help ward off those side affects. I had checked my father's blog and read that my mother is not sleeping well at night- getting up many times in the middle of the night. Other side effects seem to be minimal in the grand scheme of things- diminished appetite and feeling flushed at times. All in all- we have passed the first chemo treatment....
On this Friday- the port-a-cath is going to be inserted. This should make for an easier time in getting the chemo done in the future.
The Calendar-
- this Friday Sept. 4th the port-a-cath will be inserted
- this Thursday Sept. 3rd my sister Jennifer and her family are visiting for a week
- Sept. 16th my mother goes to get her blood count checked- if all is good
- Sept. 17th is the next chemo treatment
Things to keep in prayer about-
- pray for my mother as she goes through the chemo and the side effects
- pray for my father as he tends to my mother in her time of need
- pray for my sister and her family as they travel from NE to visit my parents
- pray for the port-a-cath to be inserted quickly and without complication
- pray for the forest fire that continues to rage on and grow.
- pray for those whose homes are threatened
- pray for those that are fighting the fire- for their safety
Sorry for being so short today....I find myself choosing to write this in the midst of watching 5 kids- makes for many breaks while typing.
Proverbs 15:30
"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones."

You are amazing! Posting a blog while watching 5 kids...I'd say you are a supermom :) Well I got up at 5AM this Tuesday morning. Pretty good, since I went to bed shortly after 9PM. Yeah for sleep...I think it was the one anti-nausea medicine I was on for the first 3 days that caused me not to be able to sleep well. It's amazing what a good nights rest can do for a body. I didn't have much energy yesterday, but I am hoping for enough energy to get some things done around the house. God is good and continues to give me strength for each day and bright hope for tomorrow :) I love you and thanks for posting your blog...MOM
ReplyDelete