Wednesday, July 15, 2009

MRI...


I've created this blog as a way to share with others about my mother and what she is currently undergoing. As many of you who will or have read this know- my mother- has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Rather than fill up your inboxes with countless updates I thought it would be more appropriate to create a blog on behalf of her. This way I don't feel as if I'm imposing upon people and their inboxes. :)


My mother called me on an ordinary Thursday saying, "I have breast cancer." What do you say to such a statement. My mind tried to wrap itself around those words and what that meant. Yet I found myself in a mix of emotions; crying, anger at the cancer and somehow I arrived at peace. If even it only lasted a moment- that peace was real. As hours passed it turned to days. I waited for a call- any call- just letting me know anything at this point.


Monday came- it was 'biopsy day'. I prayed all day- thought all day about my mother. How was she doing? What was going on right now for her? Was she scarred, sad, or calm? See growing up my mother was 'Supermom' to me. She could endure most anything and still remain calm. As I grew up I found where that calm spirit came from- it came from the peace she had knowing Christ as her Savior. Still- I couldn't help but wonder that day how she was doing. Thoughts endlessly ran through my head. I couldn't wait to get home from a softball game- although a nice distraction- it only served as a barrier to my information. As soon as I walked into the front door I grabbed the phone. 'No new messages.' Well, I would be assertive and go ahead and call. So picking up the phone I called my parents. It rang- and a happy man answered the phone. It was my father. We went through the usual- how are you? And then I just had to ask- how did the biopsy go? He began to explain about Canada's health care system. Apparently- one must jump through many hoops to get somewhere. So in short- they had her scheduled for a MRI not the biopsy which she was previously told. With that said she followed them to get her MRI done. My dad put it best- "Why not save yours and everybody's time and money and get all the tests done at the same time." Maybe somebody in the Canadian health care system could look into this.


Nevertheless- Monday has passed and the latest update is that she has been scheduled for an ultrasound guided biopsy for Thursday- July 16th.


No matter the issues with the Canadian health care system- I am grateful to them. I thought back awhile ago- my parents were waiting to hear back from the Canadian government on whether they would be approved as 'landed' or not. They went through many paperwork nightmares along with a VERY long wait time. Finally they were approved and given their much desired 'landed' status. And now I think- I think about how God truly is control of everything. If they were still waiting on their landed status right now the chances they would approve my parents would be slim due to my mother's health issues now. And yet it wasn't so long ago that they were approved. God guided all things to fall into place for his glory.


So I rejoice! I rejoice in God's faithfulness and love! It may seem odd to some and to others- not so much so- but me- I can rest on Him. Sure, emotions will still rise up and tears will come- but I rest in Him. No matter the outcome of things to come- He knows it all and He will be with us all- every step of the way! It may not be the way I would have chosen life to go- but then again- my thoughts are not God's thoughts- He has a much better plan!

Isaiah 55:8-11


" For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. For as the rain and snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kimmy...this is my second attempt to post a comment. Thanks for your very caring and honest blog. I appreciate you keeping people in the loop this way. Dad and I are both at peace and know that God is sovereign over all. By the way I love that picture you posted...who is that girl anyway:)? Love ya Kimmy...MOM

    ReplyDelete