
First off before I begin today's update I wanted to say a huge thank you to all of those that have been reading this blog and praying for my mother. Many of you have sent me e-mails and kind words of encouragement. I feel so very blessed to be part of the family of God. You all truly are my brothers and sister's in Christ!
So today is Thursday, July 16, 2009. I awoke this morning thinking, yet again, it's biopsy day. Some excitement filled my heart- or maybe it was more hope- but whatever it was, I was just happy that the day finally made it here! Let me clarify that before you think that I enjoy the idea of a biopsy. See I don't like needles and so the thought of a biopsy is very frightening to me. So, of course, I become a bundle of nerves as I think about the procedure that my mother would be going through. I was just so happy that this was getting done and that 'soon' we would have some answers to all the questions that have been building in our heads since we heard the phrase uttered, "I have breast cancer."
And once again- I had a barrier between getting my information from my mother on how the day went for her. It was softball yet again! Anxious to hear the news I kept checking my cell phone for the time- wondering when it was that time started to move so slowly. So there I was staring at my cell phone in between batters and being the first base coach- which I'll admit probably looked ridiculous. So once the game was done I raced home and with one foot in the door I lunged to the phone. No new messages. Again I was left to call...but by now- my parents have come to the realization that I will always be calling on days like these.
Biopsy-
Everything went well and according as planned. My mother said they took a biopsy from three different spots. Two in her breast and one in a lymph node that appeared larger than the others. She said she was awake for the procedure and felt little to no pain; which is a huge blessing! They said the results come back in about 3 days. Now when I'm told three days I like to have clarification on that. Do they count today as a day? Do they work on the weekends? Well, soon enough, I shall have my answers. My mother, who is much more patient than myself, seemed calm and confident in the doctors but more importantly- confident in God. As I pressed her for more information she gently said, "We'll know something by sometime next week." Oh, that answer doesn't sit well with me- those of you who know me well know that I'm a VERY schedule oriented person. Personally, I think I just want to know what day I can call my parents to get the update. But alas- patience is something I'm working on. Or maybe I should say- something that God is working on with me! :)
So that's where today's update end's. It ends with my parents making a 'lunch date' out of what started as 'biopsy day'. And me- it ends with me sitting and waiting like the rest while learning the hard way- to be patient.
Romans 12:12
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."

Awww, Kim - I love your blog. And I think I may start checking for your updates when I'm waiting to hear from dad and mom as it seems you get all the info first! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your heart and I LOVE the verses you put at the end of each post. Such a great way for us to get the right perspective on all that's going on.
Much, much, much love,
jen ;-)